A very fine and elegant satinwood and mahogany square piano crossbanded in purpleheart on a matching table stand. The nameboard inscription reads: Gabriel Buntebart, Londini, Fecit, 1794, Princess Street, Hanover Square. Buntebart was in partnership with Johannes Zumpe from 1768 to 1778 and also Sievers from 1783 to 1793. Buntebart died in October 1794 and his will shows that he left his piano making business to John Henry Schrader, the workshop foreman. This piano was made in the tradition of earliest square pianos in England both in technical construction and tonal characteristics.